Top 10 ways to use wall clocks with maximum impact!
by Rob, Sarah & Laura
Timepieces can make a huge statement with their graphic nature and can fill a wall like nothing else. Here are our top 10 great ways of using a clock in interior design:
- Make a Statement - Wall clocks can either blend into your interior design scheme, by using the same colour palate or tone as the wall or become the stand out, centre piece or focal point for a room by using an oversized or ornate wall clock.
- Colour Splash – If you have a neutral room, using a brightly coloured clock can set the theme for the room, as well as adding accents of colour to your design scheme.
- Instant update – Want to update your room but don’t want to spend a fortune on paint/wall paper or accessories? Wall clocks are ideal for quick fixes, spicing up a room instantly with their elegant shapes and interesting designs.
- Talking piece – Hanging a mechanical, quirky or antique clock in a prominent position in your home especially in the kitchen or dining room is a fantastic talking point, guaranteed to break any awkward dinner party silences!
- Gallery wall – Displaying multiple timepieces of different shapes, sizes and colours is a clever and yet simple way of creating a dramatic feature wall display in your own home.
- Collectors pieces – With such a broad spectrum of clocks available, clocks can be really fun to collect. Even spread throughout the home, rather in one room, unusual time-pieces can delight staying guests.
- Time stands still – Wall clocks can be used to mark special events, for example children’s birth times (clocks are stopped at the time of birth) and can be displayed next to special photographs.
- Make it completely unique to you and your family – some clocks can be personalised. The addition of the family name or the name of your house, can make a clock a truly special addition to your home.
- A link to loved ones – Hanging three or four wall clocks in a row set to a few different world time zones is a clever way of feeling connected with those you miss. Pair the clocks with photos, maps or treasured keepsakes for added impact.
- Tick tock, tick tock – And finally… wall clocks don’t simply have visual appeal, the rhythm of a clock with its with moving parts and spinning cogs can be very relaxing and the steady ‘tick tock’ extremely soothing – perfect for a calming living room or snug setting!
We’d love to know what you think about decorating with wall clocks?
Do you own a Bramwell Brown Weather or Tide Clock – where do you hang yours and why?
Images all sourced from pinterest and can be found on our pinterest page.